Senior Software Developer
Who we are:
SovLabs enhances the capabilities of a Software Defined Data Center through our innovative extensibility platform. We challenge ourselves to make Cloud Management Platforms consumable and useable for everyone, not just the technical elite. We don’t make clouds, we make clouds work.
The SovLabs team works with Global, large enterprise, Fortune 500 customers helping them hone and scale their experience.
The company is headquartered in Atlanta, a tech hub of the South and named top three in Forbes “Tomorrow’s Tech Meccas” list in 2017.
We are seeking innovative thinkers who can find simpler ways to solve complex cloud management challenges.
As a Software Developer you will develop and maintain leading edge solutions for enterprise customers using emerging technologies from market leaders. In this position, you will develop and enhance SovLabs extensibility software for Cloud Management platforms. SovLabs writes and maintain applications and automation content that enable companies to automate the management and provisioning of the entire IT surround, including physical infrastructure, public/private clouds, virtual machines, security, network, and the SDLC. Success requires a dynamic, hard-working individual with strong written and oral communication skills. This position focuses on developing back-end integrations in a team environment, including plug-in technology and orchestration content. You will need to be able to quickly learn new products and based on use case requirements programmatically address these new automation targets via REST/SOAP/CLI. You will engineer, develop, test and implement these solutions working in an agile delivery model, collaboratively with SovLabs development and customer delivery teams.
This team works in a wide variety of languages, technologies, and methodologies. You will be flexible and adaptable, willing to learn and try new things. You will be self-motivated staying upon the current trends in the development, DevOps, and engineering technology spaces. Ideally, you will have a willingness to challenge the norm, and offer creative solutions to solve unique problems.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years experience
- Strong understanding of writing and consuming REST web services
- Experience with VMware’s vRealize Automation (vRA) and vRealize Orchestrator (vRO) prefered
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Ability to build dynamic and reusable workflows using Management & Orchestration platforms, such as VMware vRealize Orchestrator, HP Operations Orchestration, ServiceNow Orchestration,
- Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud, UCSD, Orchestrator, Amazon AWS Simple Workflow, etc.
- Experience integrating the above Management & Orchestration platforms with third-party systems, such as: Hypervisor management systems, storage, DNS, Databases, Active Directory, ITSM, networking, firewalls, configuration management platforms, etc.
- Awareness of private & public cloud architectures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with software deployment / configuration management
- Practical experience using source code control and revision systems like GIT in team environments
- Comfortable and willing to learn other languages (such as Ruby/Ruby on Rails, PowerShell, Perl, Python, and Bash)
- Experience in designing and developing applications from requirements to packaging.
- Comfortable working on large programs i.e. enterprise level and able to blend into complexclient engagements
- Experience with virtualization and cloud technology such as VMware, OpenStack, AWS, etc.
- Docker or other container based deployment
- Experience designing & writing automated testing suites, drivers, interfaces or experience with industry testing tools. Comfortable with either BDD or TDD methodologies
SovLabs is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.