Senior Cloud Architect
SovLabs is seeking a Sr. Cloud Architect for our customer acquisition team.
- Western USA/Canada
- Central or MidWest USA/Canada
SovLabs is a proven technology platform, strategically leveraged by some of the world’s best brands. We enable customers with Cloud Management Platforms (CMPs) or initiatives to natively integrate 3rd party solutions through our subscription based portfolio of end-point integrations. We partner and integrate with an elite technology partner ecosystem that includes companies such as VMware, RedHat, F5, Veeam, ServiceNow, and more.
The right candidate for this position has experience excelling in a technical pre-sales or similar role selling enterprise software and SaaS based solutions to the Fortune 1000. Ideally in the cloud, virtualization, automation, orchestration, service management.
- Identifying customer business and technical objectives for improved delivery of development and operational cloud environments. Often these initiatives are driven by the development organization or infrastructure teams with a goal to provision run time environments through an automated service catalog utilizing VMware solutions such as vRealize.
- Align SovLabs solutions with the customer requirements in a consultative sales approach. This could include developing technical presentation material, responding to RFP’s, establishing build vs buy models.
- Work collaboratively with account executives and other peers to develop and close deals. This role participates as a product/technical lead role but also requires the individual to own follow-up with the customer and operate comfortably with pricing and positioning of product/services.
- Demonstrate SovLabs solutions and be comfortable learning all components of the platform regardless of background. Thus the candidate must enjoy learning new solutions and educating others.
- Be the lead on customer facing proof of concepts for SovLabs. This includes establishing success criteria for the PoC, installing the software, working with engineering to troubleshoot and issue.
- Organize and deliver training to customers and to SovLabs account executives on products and solutions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local and regional partner sales and technical teams to educate them on SovLabs cloud solutions and value prop and for opportunity mapping; act as primary contact for marketing and training events.
- Be highly available and responsive to the assigned regional sales teams.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related field
- Advanced technical certifications (VMware, Cisco, Microsoft, AWS)
- 7-10+ years’ experience in a pre-sales or consulting role that includes hands on experience with related technologies supporting customer facing demonstrations and proof of concepts.
- Broad understanding of core Cloud Computing and/or automation and orchestration technologies and services,with platforms such as VMware, AWS, Azure, Servicenow, Blade Logic, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Experience operating in a start-up environment where self-organization and customer follow-up is critical.
- Demonstrated ability to write technical documents with fine attention to detail
- Understanding of IT services and IT services delivery models
- Exceptional cross-functional team collaboration skills
SovLabs is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.