Senior Cloud Automation Consultant
Who we are:
SovLabs enhances the capabilities of a Software Defined Data Center through our innovative extensibility platform. We challenge ourselves to make Cloud Management Platforms consumable and useable for everyone, not just the technical elite. We don’t make clouds, we make clouds work.
The SovLabs team works with Global, large enterprise, Fortune 500 customers helping them hone and scale their experience.
The company is headquartered in Atlanta, a tech hub of the South and named top three in Forbes “Tomorrow’s Tech Meccas” list in 2017.
We are seeking innovative thinkers who can find simpler ways to solve complex cloud management challenges.
This position is open in multiple locations (US, UK/Netherlands, Australia/New Zealand/Singapore).
The Senior Cloud Automation Consultant is a utility player who is comfortable designing and delivering end-to-end cloud automation solutions for enterprise customers in a professional services capacity.
You will have deep knowledge and experience with IT tools, infrastructure and methodologies used within an enterprise IT environment as well as scripting and/or software development experience. You should have at least 10 years of experience in an operations, engineering or professional services role and is comfortable with automating IT tasks using scripting or other tools.
The Senior Cloud Automation Consultant can take vague customer requirements and deliver functional scripts and/or orchestration workflows alongside SovLabs products as part of a customer’s broader automation solution. You will need to be able to quickly learn, install, and configure SovLabs products along with other vendors’ products that will be integration and automation targets. The Senior Cloud Automation Consultant will design, develop, test and implement solutions in collaboration with SovLabs development and operations teams.
Required Skills & Experience:
- You will have regular contact with customers both on-site, on calls and through a ticketing system
- You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You will have the ability to problem-solve and ask the right questions in order to provide guidance to customers
- You will support our customers and assist with troubleshooting and problem solving
- You will Knowledge share and have contribution to Knowledge articles
- You will work with customers on trial and production installations. Requires broad knowledge of enterprise IT tools and ability to work well with cross-functional teams to identify and implement solutions to their automation needs
- You will support customers during trial periods
- You will develop or customize solutions utilizing vRealize Orchestrator alongside SovLabs products
- You will re-create customer scenarios in the lab as needed to assist with troubleshooting efforts
- You will install and configure software as needed
Desired Skills & Experience:
- VMware virtualization technology
- Linux/Unix and Windows administration
- vRealize Orchestrator/vRealize Automation
- ServiceNow Development or Administration
- Networking/Network administration
- DNS/IPAM/Active Directory
- Familiarity with at least one configuration management tool (Red Hat Satellite, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, SCOM, etc.)
- Has written and maintained vRealize Automation and vRealize Orchestrator content
- Has experience with one or more technology per category
- Network/security tools: e.g. F5 BIG-IP/WAF, Netscaler, A10, NSX, Palo Alto, Juniper, Cisco ASA/ACI
- Service Management: e.g. ServiceNow, Remedy
- Public Cloud: AWS, Azure, Google
- DevOps CI/CD pipeline, Jenkins, Docker
- Backup solutions: e.g. Rubrik, Cohesity, Veeam, Avamar, NetBackup
- Travel as needed
SovLabs is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.